Leading a healthy lifestyle is important, and there are so many places to search online and resources to scope out, and understanding the basics is important to life. We've done the homework on the specifics -- it's our job.
Understanding is key
Your overall health
When we say "general health," we mean everything from sore throats to the flu and from self-care to personal safety. We have information and resources to ensure your IUPUI experience is as healthy as possible.
Tips for a healthy start
If you are an incoming student -- or a parent of one -- it will be important to ensure you have everything you need. Here are some tips to make your medical care a priority and ensure an easy transition to campus.
- Check to see if a physical exam is required prior to attending classes.
- Make sure you know the name and dose of any medication you take and have an adequate supply to get started.
- We experience every season in Indianapolis - so be able to list all of your allergies.
- Be able to provide proof of vaccinations based on the requirements of IUPUI and the school/program in which you are enrolled.
- Call your health insurance provider to ask about coverage and co-pays when visiting the Campus Health clinics.
- Know where the two clinics are located on a campus map. (Hint: one is in the Campus Center, and one is in Coleman Hall.)
- If Campus Health is closed, do you know where to go? Locate other clinics for immediate or urgent care.
- Being able to handle fevers, sprains, or minor ailments can help you in college and in life. We recommend brushing up on your basic first aid knowledge.