IU Health deadline for completing exemption paperwork: September 1, 2015
Download the form at pulse.iuhealth.org/flunews.
IU Health deadline for obtaining a flu vaccination: November 12, 2015
All IUPUI faculty, staff and students may receive a FREE flu vaccine at IUPUI clinics or Campus Health in Coleman Hall.
Students may visit Campus Center Student Health or Coleman Hall.
IUPUI ID is required to receive a free vaccine. Students should bring their insurance card.
Appointments for flu shots are not necessary.
Our flu vaccine is ordered as a single dose. Single doses do NOT contain preserves, including Thimersol. The stopper contains NO LATEX for those sensitive to latex.
Campus Health ordered the trivalent vaccine.
The 2014-2015 North American seasonal flu vaccine is the same mix as last year.
It includes 2 A strains: California H1N1 and Texas H3N2 and the Massachusetts B strain.
The vaccine confers immunity for approximately 6-8 months.
- A weekly tracking calendar of flu activity in the US and internationally is available at the CDC surveillance site.
- See Sanofi's site for trivalent vaccine (see Prescribing Information/Tearsheets section on the left side of the page and scroll to Fluzone).
- Click here for the Fluzone product insert.
- View the Vaccine Information Sheet.
- Check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website or flu.gov for more information about influenza.
Many THANKS to the IU School of Nursing instructors and nursing students for their assistance in staffing IUPUI outreach flu clinics!