Skip page navigation

Skip page navigation

Campus Health

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs for Students

I am not a healthcare student. How do I submit my immunization information?

Immunization information for non-healthcare students is to be submitted to the IUPUI Registrar's office via See Immunization Compliance at IUPUI.

Am I eligible to visit IUPUI Campus Health?

All IUPUI students may visit IUPUI Campus Health. Spouses covered under the student's Aetna or Anthem (Traditional, Blue Preferred or Blue Access) plan may visit the clinic.

Where are you located?

IUPUI Campus Health has 2 clinics. The main clinic is located on the first floor of Coleman Hall (CF on the campus map) at 1140 W. Michigan Street.
It is between the Glick Eye Institute and the Riley Ouptatient Garage.

The satellite clinic, Campus Center Student Health (CCSH), is in the Campus Center (CE213) on the 2nd floor, between the JagTag office and the parking garage.

What are your hours?

Coleman Hall- 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Thursday hours are 9:00am to 5:00 p.m.
Employee biometric screenings 7am-10:15am Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Thursday 9-10:30am

Campus Center Student Health
Wellness screenings are available when the clinic is open.
Provider visits: Spring & Fall semesters: Monday 9am-4pm: Tuesday 9-6pm; Wednesday 9am-6pm; Thursday 9am-4pm; Friday 9am-2pm.
Summer hours:Tuesday and Wednesday 10-4p .
Closed between end of Summer II and Fall semesters. Closed during Spring and Fall breaks.

Do I need an appointment?

Appointments are recommended, but not required. Walk-ins and same-day appointments will be accommodated, if the schedule permits. The last appointment at Coleman Hall is at 4:00 p.m.The last appointment at CCSH is 3:30pm except Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The last appointment on Tues/Wed is 5:00pm.

A nurse is available at Coleman Hall for triage and will determine if your need is urgent. We try to make appointments for the same day when possible. If your concern is medically urgent, you will be seen as quickly as possible.

How do I get copies of my immunization records or other records?

Download the Authorization to Release Medical Records (PDF) form. Complete it and bring it to the clinic. Faxed and emailed requests are not accepted. Charges may apply - please see the clinic policy regarding medical record copying and requests.

How do I get birth control through the clinic?

An appointment must be made with a physician or nurse practitioner in the clinic for the medication to be prescribed.

If you wish to use the Depo shot, a prescription for the medication will be provided to you to fill at a pharmacy. Bring the medication to the clinic and a nurse will administer it.

If you have had a pap smear within the last 3 years, please obtain a copy of the result and bring it to your appointment. If you have not had a pap within the last 3 years, please schedule a well-female exam (pap). If you need to see the guidelines, see the contraception section. Information about the types and brands of contraception available at the clinic is found in the contraception section.

Appointments and cancellations may not be made via email. Please call IUPUI Campus Health at 317.274.8214 or Campus Center Student Health at 317.274.2274 to make or cancel an appointment. Appointments may be scheduled and cancelled on-line for web-enabled students.

What if I become ill after hours?

If you become ill or are injured and you need medical care that cannot wait until our next business day, please visit an emergency room or immediate care facility. See Emergency Care for locations on and near campus.

Do you accept insurance?

If the clinic is in-network, UPUI Campus Health will file insurance claims for students with:
-Aetna Student Health insurance,
-Anthem's Traditional, Blue Access and Blue Preferred insurance,
-Humana &
-United Healthcare.

Co-pays specified by your plan apply to clinic visits.

Students with no insurance or out of network insurance should contact the clinic administrtator for financial assistance.

A walk-out statement will be provided for students to file with their insurance for reimbursement upon request. The health center claim form is available via this link.

What forms of payment do you accept?

IUPUI Campus Health will accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and the Jagtag. Charges may be billed to the Bursar's office also.

Some universities require students to pay a student health fee with their tuition. Does IUPUI?

Many universities charge a mandatory student health fee to lower the costs of student health visits or to provide a number of free visits to each student during a semester. IUPUI charges a general services fee. A portion of that money is directed to Student Health.

The money funds the free health screenings and flu shots offered to students

How do I know if I need to visit IUPUI Campus Health?

Visit When to See a Healthcare Provider for information on when it is time to visit a healthcare provider.

What if I still have questions?

Questions about insurance coverage or costs need to be directed to your insurer. Please feel free to contact IUPUI Campus Health during business hours:
Phone: 317.274.8214
If you have an emergency, please call 911.

FAQs for Parents

What services are available at IUPUI Campus Health?

IUPUI Campus Health provides primary and acute care services to IUPUI students and spouses (if covered by the student's Aetna plan.). For a complete listing of services, please visit the Student Services section.

Will I be notified if my child visits IUPUI Campus Health for any reason?

If your child visits IUPUI Campus Health under routine circumstances, your child's confidentiality will be maintained and you will not be notified.
Should your child visit IUPUI Campus Health in an emergency situation, and you are listed as your child's emergency contact, you will be notified.
Students under the age of 18 will be seen for emergent or urgent care without parental consent. IUPUI students under 18 and living on campus do not need parental consent.
Efforts to contact a parent by telephone will be made in urgent or emergent situations.

How much does a visit cost?

The cost of your visit will depend on the services you receive.

Lab and X-ray charges are billed by the companies that provide the service, i.e. IU Health or South Bend Medical Foundation.

Do you accept insurance?

If the insurance includes the clinic as in-network, IUPUI Campus Health will file insurance claims for students with:

Aetna Student Health insurance,
Anthem Traditional, Blue Access or Blue Preferred,
Humana &
United Healthcare insurance.
Questions about coverage need to be directed to the insurance company.

IUPUI Campus Health will not file insurance claims for any other students. A receipt may be requested to submit to your insurance company.

What forms of payment do you accept?

IUPUI Campus Health will accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and the JagTag. Visits may be billed to the Bursar's office also.

My child has called and said he or she is sick and does not have money to visit IUPUI Campus Health. What can I do?

If your child is sick and needs to be seen, we will see him/her. You can deposit money onto your child's CrimsonCard, or a credit card number can be called to the clinic. Money can be deposited into your child's JagTag account in a variety of ways, including via phone and web. Visit the CrimsonCard website for more information. Clinic charges may be billed to the student's Bursar account.

What happens if my child becomes ill or is injured when IUPUI Campus Health is closed?

If your child lives on campus or near downtown, he or she can visit one of many hospital emergency rooms on campus or in the area. See Emergency Care for more information and locations on and near campus.

Does IUPUI require that my child has had any particular vaccinations?

Many universities require students living on campus to show proof of meningitis vaccination. IUPUI Campus Health currently recommends that all students living on campus receive the meningitis vaccination. It is NOT a required vaccine this year but will be in Fall 2019.

  1. All students should have received a TDap vaccination within the past 10 years.
  2. All students must submit proof of immunization for measles, mumps & rubella (MMR) and varicella. Proof of immunity includes lab tests that demonstrate acceptable antibody levels to the illnesses and/or immunization documentation. non-healthcare students submit the information to the Registrar's Office

IUPUI clinical programs (medicine, dentistry, nursing, etc.) determine vaccination guidelines for students admitted to their programs. Proof of immunization/immunity for healthcare students is submitted to IUPUI Campus Health. Currently, these guidelines include:

  1. Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccination—2 doses
  2. Hepatitis B vaccination (3 doses). It is required of all healthcare students.
  3. Varicella immunity through vaccination (2 doses) or antibody testing.
  4. A current TDap.

International students need Tuberculosis surveillance.


FAQs for Employees

How do I schedule biometric screening appointments on-line?

First you must be web-enabled. If you have not been to the clinic in the past, we need your DOB and IU email address to web-enable you. Send an email to and ask to be web-enabled. Then see the instructions on this page. Already web-enabled? Access the Portal here.

I am ill or have been injured, but it is not work-related. Can I come to IUPUI Campus Health for treatment?

IUPUI Campus Health does not provide primary care for employees. The IU Staff & Faculty clinic provides non-work related acute and primary healthcare for employees.

If an IU employee’s supervisor is concerned that an employee may be contagious, the employee may be evaluated by Campus Health staff.
The employee will be referred to their own primary care provider for treatment.

Employees who are an IUPUI student, may be seen and treated at CCSH or Coleman Hall for personal health conditions.

Do I need an appointment?

An initial visit for a work-related injury is done on a walk-in basis. Follow-up appointments are made before the employee leaves the clinic.

What should I do if I am injured at work?

Notify your supervisor immediately. An Indiana University incident report or IU Health Accident/Exposure Report (dependent upon if you are employed by IUPUI or IU Health) must be completed and signed by your supervisor and brought to IUPUI Campus Health at Coleman Hall.

Please be certain that the following areas on the IUPUI form are completed: patient name, patient medical record number, account number, payroll clerk name and telephone number, wage rate, employment date with IUPUI, employment date at this job. In addition, please include a detailed description of the incident, along with the names and telephone numbers of anyone who witnessed the incident. Your supervisor must sign the form.

What forms of payment do you accept?

IUPUI Campus Health accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and the CrimsonCard. Worker's Compensation visits are covered by the entity's Worker's Compensation insurance.