Have you ever considered the use of an electronic version of a personal health record? Read more about it and IUPUI's work in the Informatics department.
- Healthy Intimate Relationships
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- All Guts, No Glory (Irritable Bowl Syndrome) (PPT)
- Safe Spring Break Survival Guide/Travel Safety
- Self-care Instructions for Flu or Flu-like Illness
- Self-Care Guide - colds, sprained ankles, fatigue, low back pain, bleeding cuts, minor scrapes & abrasions
- Sore Throats
- Staying Safe
- Tips to Treat Common Health Issues
- When to Visit a Healthcare Provider
- Online risk assessment tools for estimating risks of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis and stroke.
A searchable database maintained by the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health that includes information on conditions, diseases, wellness, drugs, supplements, and many other health-related resources.
- Mayo Clinic
A searchable database maintained by the Mayo Clinic that includes information on conditions, diseases, drugs, supplements, a symptom checker, a first-aid guide, and many other health topics and tools.
- Go Ask Alice!
A project of Columbia University, is a searchable question and answer database that contains health-related questions asked by students, parents, professionals, and others. If you don't find the answer you need, anyone can pose a question anonymously. Topics include alcohol and other drugs, fitness and nutrition, emotional health, general health, sexuality, sexual health, and relationships.
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Site includes information on many diseases and conditions, health promotion, occupational health, travelers' health, and much more.
- What's your 10 year risk of having a heart attack?
The National Institute of Health has an online tool to tell you your risk level.
- The Bacchus & Gamma Peer Education Network
The BACCHUS Network is a network focused developing peer education program at the collegiate level.
- The National Women's Health Information Center
Includes information and statistics on more than 800 topics in women's health.